The cloud is quickly becoming the strategic computing platform of choice, and Amazon Web Services is leading the pack in providing cloud computing services to IT organizations around the globe. But what does this mean for companies whose critical systems still run on IBM mainframes? Even if you’ve already moved your mainframe workload to a distributed platform, can you take it to the next level and exploit the power of cloud computing?
Until recently, the scalability, reliability and security of cloud environments were regarded as insufficient to accommodate the requirements of large, enterprise-scale mainframe workloads. But cloud computing providers like AWS have proven their computing platforms are ready for the global enterprise. So, how do you re-distribute your IBM mainframe workload to AWS, and what would a mainframe-to-AWS deployment look like? Join us to find out and see a live demonstration.
In the webinar replay, you’ll:
- Gain an understanding of why you should consider re-distributing your IBM mainframe workload to AWS
- Discover the steps it takes to move your mainframe applications to AWS
- See a live demonstration of an IBM mainframe application running in AWS
- Pose your questions to industry experts from Astadia and Micro Focus
- Find out where to get more information
You’ll walk away with awareness that IBM mainframe applications perform well in AWS, and a basic checklist of what it will take to move your IBM workload to the Cloud.